THE USE OF YOUTUBE VIDEO AND KWL STRATEGY TO IMPROVE THE STUDENTS’ READING COMPREHENSION (A Classroom Action Research of the Seventh Grade students of Mts Tarqiyyatul Himmah Kauman Lor in the Academic Year of 2016/2017)

Diana, Diana (2016) THE USE OF YOUTUBE VIDEO AND KWL STRATEGY TO IMPROVE THE STUDENTS’ READING COMPREHENSION (A Classroom Action Research of the Seventh Grade students of Mts Tarqiyyatul Himmah Kauman Lor in the Academic Year of 2016/2017). Other thesis, Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Ilmu Keguruan.

[img] Text
THE USE OF YOUTUBE VIDEO AND KWL STRATEGY TO IMPROVE THE STUDENTS’ READING COMPREHENSION.pdf

Download (4MB)

Abstract

The writer conducted the research to improve the students’ reading comprehension through YouTube Video with KWL strategy. The research answers two problems of research (1) How is the implementation of usingYouTube video and KWL strategy to improve the students’s reading comprehension of seventh grade of MTs Tarqiyatul Himmah Kauman Lor in academic year 2016/2017? (2) To what extent is the improvement of the using YouTube video and KWL strategy to improve the students’ reading comprehension of seventh grade of Mts Tarqiyatul Himmah kauman lor in academic year 2016/2017? The research design was classroom action research. It conducted in three cycles. The teachers analyzed the students’ reading comprehension in each cycle. The result found that the studentds could improve their reading comprehension. The students was confident showing their ideas through KWL strategy. The using of YouTube video also made the students enjoyed and interested with the teaching and learning process. The mean of pre-test in cycle I was 55.77 with the presentation of passing grade 0.00%. However, the mean of post-test was 62.92, and the presentation of passing grade was 19.23%. The result of mean pre-test in cycle II was 62.92, and the presentation passing grade was 7.65%. The post-test was 75.39 with the presentation of passing grade 53.85%. In the cycle III, the target of passing grade reached. The mean of pre-test was 73.54 with the presentation grade was 38.46%. The total mean of post-test was 80.31, and the presentation was 92.3%. The writer concludes that the application of YouTube video and KWL strategy can improve the students’ reading comprehension.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: Ilmu Ekonomi,Politik, Sosial, Budaya dan Pertahanan Negera > Ilmu Pendidikan
Bahasa
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Ilmu Keguruan > Tadris Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Unnamed user with email bimoharyosetyoko@iainsalatiga.ac.id
Date Deposited: 23 Mar 2017 02:26
Last Modified: 23 Mar 2017 02:26
URI: http://e-repository.perpus.iainsalatiga.ac.id/id/eprint/1350

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item