A CORRELATIVE STUDY OF STUDENTS’ READING INTEREST TOWARD THEIR WRITING ABILITY OF THE THIRD SEMESTER OF INTERNATIONAL CLASS PROGRAM STUDENTS OF IAIN SALATIGA IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR OF 2015/2016

Rahmawati, Nanik (2015) A CORRELATIVE STUDY OF STUDENTS’ READING INTEREST TOWARD THEIR WRITING ABILITY OF THE THIRD SEMESTER OF INTERNATIONAL CLASS PROGRAM STUDENTS OF IAIN SALATIGA IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR OF 2015/2016. Other thesis, IAIN Salatiga.

[img]
Preview
Text
Nanik Rahmawati_11311083.pdf

Download (4MB) | Preview
Official URL: http://e-repository.perpus.iainsalatiga.ac.id/

Abstract

One of important factors which may affect students‘ low writing ability is because students are lack of vocabulary knowledge. The limited vocabulary knowledge that the students have is actually related with their frequency in reading. As the more they read the more vocabulary and new words they can encounter. But how can they encounter many vocabularies if they have no interest in reading. Therefore, it is necessary for the students to be interested in reading in order to improve their writing ability. This research is purposed to find out wheather there is any correlation of students’ reading interest toward their writing ability of the third semester of International Class Program majoring English Education Department of IAIN Salatiga in the academic year of 2015/2016 or not and to find out the profile of students’ reading interest and writing ability of the third semester of International Class Program majoring English Education Department of IAIN Salatiga in the academic year of 2015/2016. This research is a corelational research. The research was conducted in August 2015. As a quantitative research, the data collection method that was used by the researcher was questionnaire and test. Documentation was used to get additional information. The result of this research shows that he score of reading interest of the respondents showed a good result because the average of their score for reading interest was 66 from the scale 0 -100. 70% of students are highly interested in reading and the rest 30% are interested enough in reading. The score of writing ability of the respondents showed a positive result. It is proven by the result of writing test that highest score is 87 and the lowest score was 53 from total score 100. 20% of the students categorized as excellent in writing ability and the rest two categorized as 40% good and 40% fair in writing ability. At the level of significance 1% (0.01),the r-calculation is higher than r-table because r-calculation is 0.855 while r-table is 0.708. Thus, it can be said that the correlation between reading interest and writing ability were very significant.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Subjects: Bahasa
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Ilmu Keguruan > Tadris Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Unnamed user with email bimoharyosetyoko@iainsalatiga.ac.id
Date Deposited: 17 Feb 2016 02:35
Last Modified: 17 Feb 2016 02:35
URI: http://e-repository.perpus.iainsalatiga.ac.id/id/eprint/246

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item